Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Internet workshop for Tanzanian Journalists

I, Flora Rugashoborola , an assistant news editor of Star TV was happy to be nominated by my company to attend the internet workshop for Tanzanian Journalist organized by MISA-Tanzania and VIKES Foundation in Dar es Salaam. This is due to the fact that the training will equip my knowledge on the internet use. Previously, I was using my own experience and learning from others on how to use the internet to search for material, charting and sending emails. But this workshop is more useful to me because I will be able to use the internet effectively to search for different information as far as my journalism profession is concerned and other issues needed in our daily life.

Yesterday, which was the first day of our workshop we were able to lean about the meaning of the internet and the different between the internet and World Wide Web. We were also taught on the characteristics of the internet or its use, how to use website to book for tickets and order books, CD and Camera, listening to radio, watching TV and reading newspapers. Also, we were able to search for the internet user world wide and in Africa as well, the list of the country using the internet around the world, the list of the websites having many users around the world and why Tanzania is having few internet user compared to Kenya. In addition to that, Wikipedia was used to search for the meaning of words. Generally, the workshop was very good and useful to me because I knew many things about the internet which I did not knew before the workshop.

The topics I want to be covered in the following days are about the important of the internet education for people’s development, how could the internet reach several people especially those living in rural areas and how to use the internet to search for some material for research doing.

No comments: